Yaiza Ayuntamiento has found meat and screws in Las Coloradas in Playa Blanca and have warned residents about those who walk their pets in the area.
The Ayuntamiento reported that “a lady called them” to alert them to a trap that she had found containing meat and screws.
According to Yaiza councillor, Águeda Cedrés, “this is the first time we’ve seen something like this happen. We have announced it on Facebook to notify residents.”.
This is not uncommon, and any pet owner should always be vigilant of what their pet is sniffing/eating while on a walk. If you spot anything that looks like a poison or harmful trap, please report it to your local police.
For regular updates, pictures and videos of Lanzarote be sure to like and follow our Facebook page “Gazette Life Lanzarote”.