3rd May 2022 @ 2:01 pm

The Lanzarote Cabildo have invested more than 1.3 million euros towards the installation of new streetlights in Mala to improve the energy efficiency and improve light levels.

A seemingly island-wide project, the Cabildo have added Mala to the list of areas that will have new streetlights with energy-efficient LED bulbs that reduce light pollution. The project tackles a long-standing demand from the residents in the north of the island.

The Cabildo invested more than 1.3 million euros, 80% co-financed by FDCAN and the remaining 20% coming from the Cabildo’s own funds.

Cabildo President, María Dolores Corujo, stated that it’s “so important for the people of the town. It’s equally important in our step towards promoting sustainability on the island.”.

Cabildo Councilor for Energy, Ariagona González, added “we have installed innovative street lights in Mala that make use of LED technology to reduce consumption and also light pollution. The latter being one of the fundamental objectives tackled by both the Cabildo and the Haría Ayuntamiento.”.

For regular updates, pictures and videos of Lanzarote be sure to like and follow our Facebook page “Gazette Life Lanzarote”.