12th Aug 2022 @ 1:21 pm

The Emergency and Security Coordination Centre (CECOES) have just published the data for the first half of the year, revealing that they answer an average of 2,074 calls per day.

Photo: Gobierno de Canarias.

In the first half of this year, the 1-1-2 service have answered a total of 375,379 calls which represents a daily average of 2,074 per day. Of these calls, 112,804 were classified as emergencies (an increase of more than 15% compared to 2021).

The growth was due partly to the increase in Covid-19 cases in the first quarter of 2022, as well as a greater number of public events following the relaxation of restrictions and an increase in citizen mobility.

Of the total number of calls, 59% required the activation of a service, while the remaining 41% were resolved over the phone.

The service has seen an almost 10% increase in requests, from the 341,361 resolved in the first half of 2019 to the 375,379 that have been recorded from January to June this year.

For regular updates, pictures and videos of Lanzarote be sure to like and follow our Facebook page “Gazette Life Lanzarote”.