16th Mar 2023 @ 10:44 am

A mother and daughter have been taken to hospital for smoke inhalation after their home caught fire last night.

Last night local fire fighters received an alert to a house fire on Calle Tegala in Arrecife. Upon arrival the team found that the upper floor of the home had caught fire with smoke billowing out from the windows.

The occupants were able to escape the house safely with no one trapped inside.

Fire fighters entered the home shortly after to extinguish the flames and ventilate the smoke.

The tenant and her mother were then taken to the Dr José Molina Orosa Hospital by ambulance for smoke inhalation.

For regular updates, pictures and videos of Lanzarote be sure to like and follow our Facebook page “Gazette Life Lanzarote”.