The emergency services were called to a house fire in Arrecife yesterday afternoon.
At approximately 6pm yesterday evening, firefighters were alerted to a house fire on Calle Seguidilla in Arrecife.
Upon arrival the team discovered that the fire had been almost extinguished by neighbours.
The firefighters entered the building and determined that the fire had started on a shelf with electrical items and fabrics.
As the team began to clear the smoke, the two occupants were taken to hospital with respiratory issues due to smoke inhalation.
For regular updates, pictures and videos of Lanzarote be sure to like and follow our Facebook page “Gazette Life Lanzarote”.