This weekend will see the climax of Famara’s Fiesta of the Sacred Heart, one of the biggest events of the end of summer.
Today at 5pm there’ll be a skateboard competition at the Teleclub, a Zumba masterclass at 7pm at the pier and a LA Caleta Fashion & Music Gala at the pier at 9pm. This will be followed by a verbena (open air concert) from 11pm with carnival band La Nueva Banda.
Tomorrow there’ll be a family day with bouncy castles and other activities near the Restaurante El Sol from 11pm, and this will be followed by a youth theatre production and stand-up comedy at the Muelle. After that at 11 pm, La Nueva Banda do their thing again, assisted by the Grupo Los Conejeros.
Sunday sees the biggest events, starting at 1pm with the parade of the image of the virgin along the beach and onto the sea, with boats decked out for the occasion.
Afterwards, at 2pm, the “Refreshing Water Party” will begin – an open air disco at the pier in which revellers are showered with water from hosepipes. La Nueva Banda will be there, of course, and DJs will keep the party going.
Thousands are expected to attend the events, and to control crowds the main LZ-402 road to Famara will be closed from 8am to 5pm today and tomorrow (Saturday), and from 12 midday to 5pm on Sunday. Access via the LZ-410 from Soo will remain open.
The Lanzarote Cabildo have organised special bus services for the Famara fiestas this weekend.
The new services are as follows:
– Friday 26th August: (Arrecife to Caleta de Famara): 20:00, 21:00, 22:00 and 23:00 hours.
– Saturday 27th August: (Arrecife to Caleta de Famara): 20:00, 21:00, 22:00 and 23:00 hours.
– Return timetables for Saturday and Sunday: (Caleta de Famara to Arrecife): 03:30, 04:30 and 05:30 hours.
– Sunday 28 August: (Arrecife to Caleta Famara): 13:00 hours.
– Return timetable (Caleta Famara to Arrecife): 03:30, 04:30, 05:30, 16:30 and 17:30.
Routes and stops:
– Return (Caleta de Famara to Arrecife) making the following stops: Caleta de Famara – Centro Salud Teguise – Nazaret – Las Cabreras – Tahiche – Cruce César Manrique – Tahiche Bajo – El Jamonal – Altavista – Estación de Guaguas de Arrecife.
Bus fares will correspond with the current fares.
For regular updates, pictures and videos of Lanzarote be sure to like and follow our Facebook page “Gazette Life Lanzarote”.