9th Sep 2023 @ 8:49 am

A supermarket in Costa Teguise was evacuated yesterday after a strong smell of gas was reported.

Firemen ordered the evacuation of the Hiperdino Express supermarket at the Las Cucharas Shopping Centre  at 12.50 after detecting high levels of carbon monoxide in the air. A member of staff later said that an interruptor switch had tripped, shutting off light to the refrigeration system.

After ventilating the premises and checking the air quality, the supermarket was allowed to re-open.

For regular updates, pictures and videos of Lanzarote be sure to like and follow our Facebook page “Gazette Life Lanzarote”.