A busy weekend for Lanzarote’s firefighters started with a fire in the basement of a restaurant in Calle Cenobio, Puerto del Carmen, on Saturday morning.
The next night, in the early hours of Sunday, a large blaze was reported in a property at EL Cuchillo, Tinajo. Two caravans, a Zodiac inflatable craft and two containers were destroyed in the fire, during which firemen had to force a lock and remove various butane gas containers.
Earlier this morning, firemen were called to extinguish a fire in a rubbish container on Calle Teide in Puerto del Carmen; and later they dealt with a palm tree in Güime that had caught fire after an electrical cable had fallen onto it.
Nobody was hurt in any of the incidents.
For regular updates, pictures and videos of Lanzarote be sure to like and follow our Facebook page “Gazette Life Lanzarote”.